Eight weeks post THR anyone having/had lower back pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 8-week old hip his fine, but now I have low back pain on the same side. I guess it is all to do with my body readjusting to normal after a year of crooked walking with my foot stuck out sideways. Hot-water bottles and OTC painkillers help a bit. Anyone else had a similar experience?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

yes it seems THR can take a toll on our bodies.. back, knees , shoulders. once 3-4 months as healing continues it all eventually gets better. the first few weeks are tricky.

• Edited

Thank you. They don't tell you about possible early side effects of THR, only that it will all be OK ... albeit eventually! I am seeing the consultant next week, but do not intend to protest too much about having backache, although I expect he would want me to mention it. Onwards and upwards!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.