EKG and scared to death.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 47 yr old overweight diebetic female. I recently had an ekg and the results were abnormal and doc kept asking me if i was having chest pains Which i was not . The results were T wave inversions in the lateral and inferior leads. What the heck does this mean? I am scared to death

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had a few ekgs done in the past and on my ekgs there were some t wave inversions. My cardiologist ordered a stress test which came back normal and also a echocardiogram which was normal. He said my t wave inversions are just my "normal". Once all my tests cane back ok he said I was fine and I didn't have to see him anymore. I'm a 21 year old female. He said just to stay active.

Hope this helps

• Posted

47 is not old. It is certainly not too old to start a suitable exercise program or start eating healthily. And by eating healthily I do not mean following the advice that is officially given to diabetics these days.
  • Posted

Have you gotten a referral to a cardiologist? More test will no doubt be needed but it does look like you have some type of heart issue. Do either of your parents have any heart problems? Do whatever the doctors say and try not to stress.
    • Posted

have an appointment with cardiologist. My granddad, aunt, uncle on moms side and some of aunts on dads side had noticed I said had heart issues, that killed them.
    • Posted

Sounds like this runs in your mom and dads sides of family and your showing signs early. Stay calm and hold back on excersising or sports until you find out what's wrong.

• Posted

I agree 47 is not old and you can still change your life style and start eating only healthy fruits and vegetables and low fat meats. Stay away from processed foods and sweets. I'm 72 and have serious heart issues but I still workout 3 times a week and have always enjoyed cooking for myself and have lots of fruits and vegetables in my diet. Take control of your life and your health issues will improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.