Elbow Golfers?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am an active 63 years and have had a very painful elbow on the inside bone for about four months, stopped pickle ball and golf. Went to the Doctor after a couple months wearing elbow band and he diagnosed it as Golfers Elbow amid sent me to physio which is not helping. Still painful, wakes me up several times a night.  I tried an inflammatory cream, heat, cold but nothing seems to help.   Now I have a hard time holding even a plate with that hand

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What type of surgery was done?  I am doing physio but have had zero relief and am thinking about ask my doctor for cortisone injections.   Does anyone have any suggestions for other treatment options.  I am hoping to golf this summer.  
  • Posted

I feel your pain!  I also have it. His technical term was cubital tunnel syndrome. I have all of the same symptoms and will be having surgery Nov 14 to correct it.  I went through several rounds of cortisone injections with no luck. Sleeping is so hard when it hurts so bad at night and holding the plate, YIKES!!!  I wish you the best.  
  • Posted

Hi

I wondered if your doctor had ever suggested a bone scan?

I have had very bad elbow pain for a few months now and my doctor first ordered an Xray (which showed nothing abnormal) but he did feel cyst-like material in my arm so sent me for a bone scan. I don't really know why not a catscan or an MRI but I went for the scan just yesterday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.