Elbow pain behind medial epicondyle extending to upper arm muscles. What is it? How can I fix it?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Male

170cm

63kg

caucasian

A couple of months, not 100% sure

Elbow

No relevant medical issues

No medications

Hello everyone. I hope someone takes the time to answer to this as I am completely oblivious to what this might be and am desperate for some sort of guidance.

Explaining the picture:

Area A: When feeling this area with my fingers I notice a thin "chain" connecting to the medial epicondyle and area B which I don't know if it is a tricep or bicep muscle. Area A is where I feel the most pain.

Area B: This area is what I think is a muscle and is "hidden" behind the major bicep and tricep muscles, and hurts only when applying pressure.

Area C: This seems to be the medial triceps head. Along with area A, this is where I feel pain after doing exercise.

I am an active guy and I enjoy doing bodyweight workouts and I have also trained in a gym. Since the summer of 2018, when working out my chest or arms, I sometimes feel a pop in my left elbow like something is snapping over the bone. This never bothered me much untill february of 2019 where I started feeling some pain in my elbow and the popping became more frequent. I reduced my training frequency and load but I never stopped training. After a few days of rest I would always test if the popping was still there, and it was.

Right now, the popping is not as frequent but whenever I do, for example, push ups or pull ups, AFTER the exercise and the day after the workout I feel pain (not soreness) in area C and A. This happens in BOTH arms, but is more painful on my left arm.

I have searched the internet for an answer: golfer's elbow, tricep tendonitis, bicep tendonitis... but nothing seems to fit my symptoms. Golfer's elbow is what it seems to be, but I feel pain behind/above the medial epicondyle (area A, B and C) and none in my forearm.

Today I went to a sports masseuse and he did some shock therapy on both arms. My left arm was under "weaker" shocks compared to my right arm, and while my right bicep didn't move at all, my left bicep moved a lot with each shock. Then he did some scrapping. After that he used suction cups and we saw that the areas A and C have some inflammation. When he performed manual therapy and trigger point release he went really deep on area A and it hurt a lot. At the time I had no pain on C and B, but A was really hurting.

I guess what I want to know is what is this? What even is area A? Is it worth it doing these sports massages? Is there any rehab I can do to help this? Is this a bicep or triceps problem? I am really lost and don't know what this is.

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.