Elderly Father in hospital with broken hip

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, my elderly father (88) had a fall in the garden 6 days ago & broke his hip. He is still on the hospital ward waiting for a total hip replacement. To complicate matters my father was diagnosed with a tumour in his colon following a colonoscopy in December 2022. He has been told the Doctor's can't decide which operation to perform first. What are the dangers leaving an 88 year old man in a hospital bed for 6 days? Thank you.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

very sad new's. its complications take time for hospitals to work out. have had similar issues with hospital in my area as they are short on doctors and nurses . waiting in hallways for a hospital bed for two days. it's very unstable circumstances for everyone. and waiting 2 months for leg by-pass surgery for blocked arteries.

sending good vibes your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.