Elective hysterectomy and Ultrasound questions

Posted , 6 users are following.

I Have had bad lower back pain for over 3 years. My periods are only 2 days sometimes 3 days. I am 38 yrs old with 3 kids and tubes tide for 11yrs now. Doctor offered a hysterectomy but he said it was elective surgery?

Ultrasound differences

last years ultrasound is not available but the Endometrial stripe:  14 mmTranscription Date: 03 Dec 2013 @ 1608 Reason for Order: 34 Y/O WITH SEVERE DYSMENORRHEA OVER THE LAST YR PLEASE  DO US AND CHECK FOR ANY ABNORMALITIES.Findings:

The uterus measures 7.3 x 2.7 x 3.9  cm. The insonated portions of the  myometrium are homogeneous in echotexture and morphology. There is no  sonographic evidence of a focal area of abnormal echogenicity.

The endometrial stripe complex is normal in its sonographic appearance and  measures 4 mm.

The ovaries are identified bilaterally and are symmetric in size, shape and  echotexture without evidence for a discrete and clinically significant  cystic or solid mass.

The right ovary measures 2.6 x 1.8 x 1.7  cm.

The  left  ovary measures 2.9 x 2.5 x 2.3  cm. A dominant follicle is noted  in the left ovary.

Blood flow is documented to both ovaries on Color  Doppler imaging.

There is no free fluid in the cul-de-sac.Transcription Date: 27 Jul 2017 @ 1455

FINDINGS: The uterus is normal in size and shape for age and parity. There is abnormal hyperechoic echogenicity the anterior wall of the uterus which appears contiguous with the thickened endometrial lining. There is mild Doppler flow within the hyperechoic area.  The adnexal regions, including the ovaries, are visualized and appear normal. There is no free cul-de-sac fluid.

MEASUREMENTS: LMP:  21 June 2017 Uterus:  7.9 cm in length x 4.0cm in AP x 5.0cm in transverse Endometrial stripe:  18 mm Right ovary:  1.8 x 1.3 x 1.7 cm Left ovary:  2.9 x 1.5 x 2.4 cm

IMPRESSION:  Unremarkable pelvic ultrasound.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for all your replys it's been almost a year, no Hestorectomy yet pelvic pain and lower back pain is getting worst.  New ultrasound  the only difference from last year is 21mm.  But my Doc has nothing for me

FINDINGS:

The uterus is normal in size and shape for age and parity.  The endometrial lining is is thickened and demonstrates an irregular partially hypoechoic echotexture. Focal area of echogenicity within the endometrium measures 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.3 cm. There is no significantly increased vascular flow within the endometrium.  The adnexal regions, including the ovaries, are visualized and appear normal.  No masses are noted.  There is no free cul-de-sac fluid.

Measurements: LMP:  4/27/2018. Uterus:  7.5 x 3.5 x 4.3 cm (length x AP x transverse) Endometrial stripe:  21 mm Right ovary:  3.3 x 1.8 x 1.7 cm Left ovary:  2.8 x 1.5 x 1.3 cm

IMPRESSION:

1. Normal appearance of the ovaries. No adnexal masses identified.

2. Thickened heterogeneous endometrium measuring 21 mm (up to 16 mm considered normal in secretory phase). This is of uncertain significance given patient's lack of abnormal uterine bleeding and differential considerations would include endometrial hyperplasia versus endometrial mass such as polyp or fibroid. Consider repeat ultrasound in approximately 6 weeks when patient has a different stage of her menstrual cycle versus sonohysterogram.

3.  Otherwise normal appearance of the uterus.

• Posted

Just wondering if consulting a chyropractor or a back therapist would shed some light on back and pelvic pain.
  • Posted

I was 42 with my hysterectomy (they left one ovary) other had a lot of cysts and went right into menopause within a few months after surgery. My Dr. didn't expect that and thought Id be fine with one ovary! I agree mine was basically elective (a lot of pain and mostly low back/tail bone pain) no-one could tell me the problem had a hysterectomy since it was recommended to me by several OB/GYN. I had an ablation and a small amount of endometriosis but my hysterectomy was unnecessary procedure. I regret everyday of my life having this surgery and it turns out that I was having Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and thats why the back pain/tailbone pain was happening. I would absolutely never recommend this surgery unless absolutely sure its needed. Now, I am dealing with HRT at 44 and not finding the right balance and sexual dysfunction! I wished I'd never done this surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.