Electric Shock feeling!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

I wasn't going to mention this because at first I thought it was just in my head but now I know it isn't. I can feel like an electric shock when I run my fingers under my big toes. Has anybody else felt this. It just feels weirdexclaim

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I had what can only be described as electiric shocks for about 2 days then it went away. Your nerves may have been affected, it might heal itself. I know sometimes the nerves do get nicked during the operation. I have not had exactly the same symptoms, my shocks were sudden and in the joint area. Hope this Helps, Kevin
  • Posted

Hi, yes I hveha these electic electric shock type feelings when I touch were they put the injections in.  They are calming down now though 6weeks on.  
  • Posted

I too get the electric shock feeling along with tingling.
    • Posted

Sorry for late reply...I have had both of my feet done and

they are in plaster casts... I get the shock feeling through

all of my feet not just the toes, sometimes when I've been on my feet to long it can carry on for ages even travelling up through my lower leg. I can be laying down with my

feet elevated and suddenly my feet, especially the right

one which had more work done than the left, will take on

a mind of its own and start flicking so I literally end up

lifting my leg in the air in the hope of somehow shaking

off the the shock feeling.

• Posted

I get this too.  It travels up my foot to my calf. Glad I'm not alone. X
  • Posted

Hi yes I had these really bad following removal of dressing and stitches at 2 weeks. Not when I touched toe quite random but real zingers that caught my breath. Has settled now and think I prob nerves repairing and tissue settling down.
    • Posted

Thanks Sheila.

It does make me feel better when I hear others are feeling or have felt this toowink

• Posted

You are not alone. I had those shock feelings for two weeks but they go away.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Don

It really helps. Very encouragingwink

• Posted

If I touch my inner ankle bone were one of the injections went I would feel the shock type feeling go all the way to my big toe.  Rather a scaled down version of when they put the nerve bloke injection in that shot up the leg.  Even just pulling my sock on and off would set it off. Hope yours settles down soon 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.