Electric shock feeling again

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi ladies

sorry to post about this again but got myself into a real state this morning. I've been getting these electric shock feeling through different parts of my body could be my ankles to my thighs sometimes one leg sometimes both, or it starts in my private parts then up my belly only lasts 15 seconds but it's awful it's sort of stings and tingles I've noticed it's when I gets that sweaty clammy feeling on my body it seems to happen. I googled it and it said ms now my health anxiety has hit the roof, I keep crying, pacing cant relax. Had anybody had something similar to put my mind at rest. I'm 54 and not had a period for 12 months nearly.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

I had those all the time, together with all over body tingly creepy feelings. It was like being plugged into an electric socket. It's part of menopause not MS.

• Edited

hi sue

thanks for your reply. I dont know what I would do without this forum it really gives you reassurance.

• Posted

Hi Rainy. These hormones can cause some crazy symptoms. I haven't had the electric shocks yet but I remember when I used to read on here about people having the vibrations and I thought how fortunate I was not to have that. And now I have those! I have heard others talk about the electric shocks on here. I am so sorry you are going through this. I have a health scare it seems like every couple of months. I am so over it. lots of ((hugs)) I hope you feel better

• Edited

hi rainy84

I'm also having the same symptoms as you, electric shocks in my heels also in finger joints and in private parts too which is quite distressing and painful, I think it is just menopause symptoms they seem to change every month, my night sweats have stopped for now and been replaced with electric shocks, try not to worry but I have stopped turning to dr Google now as it made me ill with worry, glad I've discovered this site.

• Posted

hi elaine

thank you for your reply. my electric shocks have been awful today been permanently sweating and loads of hot flushes seemed to settle around 7.00pm. At the moment I dont have night flushes or any other symptoms during the night I just wake up about 6.00am feeling sweaty. mind you I do have a fan going constantly on me so I expect that helps !!!!

• Posted

hi, i had a similar thing last week - like a shock from my belly right up to my head. it lasted literally seconds but it was cert scary. I have since learnt that it is a peri/meno symptom.

• Posted

I get them a few times since my period stopped, it feels like tremors coming from my legs moving upwards to my chest and my chest tightens too, i feel my body heats up at the same time, its so scary. Luckily it doesn't happen that often. I can understand how you feel as it scares the life out of you. Never knew menopause was this horrible.

• Posted

hi ladies

thanks for recent replies. they really are scary. Clair mine are how you describe them. at least we are not alone in all these horrible symptoms thank goodness we have this forum to put our minds at rest.

• Posted

i get this exact feeling in my right ear only

its not everyday and i can go a few weeks without having it now.

i havent connected 100% to this but i think its when my anxiety is higher.

it happens so quick like you say seconds, but hurts and exactly like an electric shock

dont know how you cope with it in different places, i feel for you.

• Edited

I was getting those bad! I thought I had fibromyalgia or something worse. My therapist mentioned lack of magnesium due to anxiety. She said you need more than the pills because of the side effects. She mentioned taking Epson salt baths. I do that now. It really helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.