Electric shock-like pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had PHN for about 2 years with ongoing, mostly manageable nerve pain. Just recently, I've started having extremely painful, momentary electric-shock-like pain. Has anyone experienced this type of change in PHN pain?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I had it happen in my right hand a couple of months ago.  At the time I thought I had been shocked by the toaster because it was that kind of "surge".  It only happened once but it took me by surprise. Only lasted 3 or 4 seconds. 

• Posted

Oh Happy Day! I was just telling hubby that I never got those "electric shocks" that people talk about. I've had this for about 18 months now. Thank you so much for telling me what I can look forward too!

• Posted

Hi. I am into year 3 with PHN. Get the shock like feeling in my right side and into my right groin. I have pretty pronounced allodynia haven’t been able to wear a bra in over two years. Can only wear a very loose fitting yoga type pant, hyper sense around my waist and back. Good thing I am retired. I used to have a closet full of professional work attire. I often get these shock like feelings in response to noise which is often pretty benign- the sound that is. Like my husband coughing or turning a page in a periodical. PHN-mysterious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.