Electric Shock Sensation

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI ladies - i am 7 years post meno & my symptoms over the last year seem to consist of now raging hot flashes, burning sensation, tingling & today (second time this happened) an electric shock sensation that literally felt like my finger was stuck in an outlet it went thruout my body & even my face - i am not on HRT, - i am 62 years old & really thought this stuff was supposed to be tappering off, but my hot flashes seem to be coming more often WTF? over it!!!! Has any one else had this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me twice. In my head and arm. Scared the living daylights out of me. It is a part of peri and meno. I hate these symptoms they can make you nearly mad. You will be fine Debra. Praying for you

• Posted

Thank you Hope! i had taken a nap & when i woke up i experienced this scary sensation, so you can imagine my anxiety - i find it interesting that yesterday i could barely walk because my tendons in my legs and overall muscle aches were so bad - i obviously had a severe drop in some hormone - ugh! Thank god for this forum -

• Posted

Omg Debra I have been experiencing terrible pain in my legs and calf. So bad that i am limping. I have a dr's appointment next week hoping that it is not serious. I do think that it is related to peri. My symptoms are at it worst closest to my period which is 3 days away so i think it is connected. It scared me because i have not felt it before. I too am thankful for this forum and you wonderful ladies.

• Posted

hi hope - yes, i have been slammed since last december with horrible leg pain - it quite literally came overnight - i have bone on bone knee pain in my right knee, but this is more muscle, tendon, ligament weakness and actally pains me - On days where it is bad, i double up on my omegas, take tumeric (which gives me a hot flash/flush) but helps my legs & put magesium spray all over my legs - i have been to urgent care thinking i had a blood clot, the pain has been so intense - this menopause stuff is not for sissy's

• Posted

Ive had it go through my left pinky and ring finger! I also get a jolt on the top of my head. Scared the life out of me when it first happened. Has happened a few times since and I have to remind myself I'm fine and not let my anxiety get the best of me.

• Posted

hi jo - yes, i suppose if we all properly told that these are the symptoms you might experience during menopause than we wouldnt experience such horrible anxiety when weird things happen - i just dont get why i am experiencing all these symptoms so late in the game, i guess my hormones, just havent completely crashed yet - thank you!

• Posted

I had the electric jolt feeling on the side of my head years ago. I thought my glasses were too tight! It was only when I came on this forum that I found out what they were. I don't have them anymore, so I hope yours will end soon. 🙏

• Posted

Thank you Juanita - i think you & i are about the same age, i remember talking to you before, i really hope & pray my symptoms are winding down, not sure i can handle much more...my hot flashes seem to be more intense now, but other things less like brain fog etc - i am so grateful for you ladies who take the time to respond to this forum -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.