Electric Shock Syndrome: My NEW Menopausal Symptom!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello Lovely Ladies....

For the past month, I have felt electricity run through my left hip at night only; it is very annoying and disturbing, to say the least! That being said, have ANY of you.... experienced electricity going through ANY part of your body? Let me know your thoughts.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hello Vivian I had those. My first experience was in the middle of the night, the worst time to get something as horrific like that. Mine was a electric shock through the middle of my head. It is definitely scary. I was told it's just another annoying symptom. Hang in there

• Edited

Hello HP...

Yes, you're absolutely right; it is yet another ANNOYING symptom. I'm going to practice patience, because I know, this symptom too... will pass! Suffice it to say, I will wait for the next symptom to pay me an unwanted visit, LOL.

• Edited

Hi Vivian,

My electric shock 'spot' is in my left ribs, from my back to under my boob.

I can go months without having any, and then they come back with a vengeance and stay for weeks at a time.

Sorry you are suffering this one too!

Wishing you a string of good days!

Sara

• Edited

Hey Sara,

Thank You.. Here's to ALL of us getting through this tsunami in one piece!

• Posted

My mom is in postmenopausal phase, after 1.5 years she sometimes get electric shock syndrome passing in her head and as you said in left rib under her breast passing sideways. Along with this she get numbness in her left arm and light headed.

• Posted

I do feel those zapping sensations. I also have a strange rash and attributed one to the other.

• Posted

Yes!! I experience it twice or at least three times a year. It will strike suddenly in the sole of my right foot and radiate up into my calf or thigh. Then, it dissipates. It can be very frightening. I'm thankful for the days that I don't feel it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.