electric shocks

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi been on pregabalin 4 weeks , 50mg 25 morning 25 night, last two days been getting electric shocks feeling in arms chest sometime even when i cough, very hot, got a cough and more anxiety i thought it would help as i have gad, and fbromyagia tight chest please help,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you have not already,  you should see a doctor immediately. 
  • Posted

Hi Sue. I'm on 600mg for schizophrenic related GAD, and while I was building up the dose (none of the lower doses worked) I also experienced this, and many other side effects. After a few weeks it passed and now the meds help somewhat. Stick with it as the drug is helpful. Contact your psychiatrist and get checked over if you think it will help your worries about the electric shock sensations.
  • Posted

experienced the same elec. shocks when i coughed.  it is related to disc damage in my neck. i elected to decline surgery to repair it. i was in a high stress situation at home, after i left it my neck seemed to get better. at least the shocks stopped.neck surgery is very invasive and scarring is really bad,  the people i have talked to who had it reported very little relief and ended up on opiates to control pain anyway

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.