Electrolyte or some kind of horomonal imbalance?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction to finally pinpoint what is going on with me.

For years I've had the following symptoms:

-excessive thirst (always thirsty/cotton mouth/dry throat, never feel quenched)

-frequent urination (I'm drinking a lot)

-Hair loss, front center hairline thinning (noticeable)

-chronic constipation (always dry/rocky--sorry)

-dizziness, feeling unstable

-easy bruising

-abdominal pain (often stabbing or like lightning bolts)

-easily fatigued muscles

-occasional heart palpitations/feeling like heart is pounding

-constant post-nasal drip (allergy medicines do nothing)

-constantly burning, watery eyes, sometimes causing vision problems

-no libido

-cold hands and feet

-fatigue, sometimes exhaustion

-stomach bloating

In addition, the following symptoms occur very frequently (some seem to come in waves and occur together):

-diffuse joint pain

-headaches

-mood swings

-cystic acne along lower cheeks and jawline

-extremely itchy spot on outer right thigh, no rash

I have recently done the following tests:

-CBC: marginally low WBC, not significant. Otherwise normal.

-HGB A1C: 4.8, est avg glucose: 91

-all other standard blood tests were normal

-Vitamin D was low earlier in the year, but I corrected it with supplements

-Rheumatoid Factor/C-Reactive Protein/Sjogren's/ANA/ESR: all normal

-Complete metabolic panel: normal

-thyroid antibodies: normal (TPOab was 44)

I went to an endocrinologist the other day, who basically shrugged and said she couldn't explain my symptoms. She ordered TSH (again), T3, T4, as well as another metabolic panel + antidiuretic hormone, but she told me she expects all of these to also come back normal.

I can't imagine that feeling the way I do is normal...especially considering that my lifestyle is very healthy. I'm a very normal weight (BMI 20), I eat a completely vegan diet (mostly whole foods- avoiding processed foods, added sugars, all oils, and watching sodium), I work out regularly, I drink only water and the occasional herbal tea...I should feel amazing, right?!

I will say that I've been on birth control most of my life, and I'm currently weaning off of it because I think it may be contributing to at least some of this. I've gotten off once before, and it didn't go well...so I went back on.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and figured it out? Or am I actually normal, as my blood tests thus far indicate?

THANK YOU!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I really feel sorry for you. Probably because myself I have been struggling with issues similar to yours (I do not have the thirsty one). I do not know what to say other than : HAVE YOU HAD YOUR THYROID GLAND CHECKED? that would not explain the thirst though, I must say. Are your bowel habits normal? I guess you are young(ish)? Can you share your thyroid tests results? Anything to do about 'glands' is very complicated and there is a lot of 'gaslighting' from doctors. I am going at present through a very delicate time with my eighth endocrinologist since June 2015. If you can share in the forum the results of your thyroid tests... the constipation is due to hypothyroidism. I know it for a fact.  Do you feel the cold?. The mood changes is also hypo... the itching ... I am not a doctor, you need to know but from June 2015 I had to study a lot about glands and endocrinologists 'gaslighting'. That thirst... I wish I knew what to say about that... I wish you more luck than the one I have been having. If you read info (I do not use google anymore), you will find the pages which you can trust (not many)... and you will learn a lot.

• Posted

Yep, my TSH was 1.86 last we checked. I'm getting it checked again, along with T3 and T4. That'll all probably be normal, though. My TSH is always normal even if I feel bad. rolleyes

• Posted

One thing I have learned is that I feel bad when the TSH is normal and I feel well when the TSH is out of whack :-) Some years ago I was told that I was Euthyroid. I was feeling awful... (my symptoms did not count of course). 11 months later I had an Addison's crisis. Since then I have been trying to help myself. I bought  books, 'googled'  questions... became more knowledgeable about where to go to find the answers... etc. TSH range is not right. But in Europe, US, Australia where I live, use a wider range to what it should be. Why? I know why, but I am not allowed to say in a forum. cry

• Posted

Hashimoto or Copper Toxicity. They often also go hand in hand. 
  • Posted

Do you know your U/E blood results for sodium, potassium, urea, creatinine, and GFR? Sounds like your blood pressure is high as you state "feeling like heart is pounding". What is your BP?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.