Electrotherapy for internals

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

In the past 18 months I have had 4 bandings and HALO on internal hems. While my symptoms have improved, it is still a daily annoyance.

I wonder if anyone has had experience with electrotherapy? The reviews seem too good to be true and it's expensive @ £995 for 1 sitting!

It's either that or a pursuing a haemmorhoidectomy.

I can't cope with the constant symptoms any longer, it's getting me down.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I had electrotherapy about 4 months ago and have been haemorrhoid free ever since. i had just had one procedure and that was enough for me however the nurse did say from the start when i had my telephone consultation that there's a chance you may need more than one treatment however this is usually if you have large or complex haemorrhoids.

I had some troublesome grades 2's internal haemorrhoids at the time which caused me a lot of pain and bleeding. Thankfully, I was cured after one treatment.

I'd recommend going for it instead of surgery as having a haemorrhoidectomy is incredibly painful and you'll be off work for quite some time... although in todays climate i think were all going to be off work for a while.

• Edited

Electrotherapy was one of the most useless treatment that I wasted a £ 1000 on. Please save your money. Sometimes people promoting it are their internal electrotherapy guys on this forum. Be aware a save the money. Seriously,.

• Edited

I went to Exroid (rented room at Spire - Exroid has no own "clinic" despite the adverts) to do electrotherapy. It was not only useless and absolute waste of £995, but it was extremely painful experience for my three 3rd grade haemorrhoids (despite it was presented and advertised as a "pain free" procedure). My 'treated' with electrotherapy haemorrhoids had a very speedy 'progress' ...towards 4th grade, and I ended up doing LigaSure haemorrhoidectomy privately for more than £4000, regretting the time being lost after Extoid "therapy" with its side effect, and therefore a need for a more drastic operation, as well as feeling being 'conned' for almost £1000.

Notably even recovery after my advanced haemorrhoidectomy was much less painful than the Exroid's torture...

Alas, you could check yourself that all the positive Exroid reviews are by Exroid's invitation, and because the Exroid asks your opinion first and you honestly answer how unsatisfied you are, then they don't send you invitation for the public reviews, and notably all the negative reviews are (not surprisingly) without the Exroid's invitation...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.