Elevated ALP and GGT

Posted , 6 users are following.

October 2015 I became jaundiced.  All abdominal area scans were normal . No hepatitis. Jaundice symptoms disappeared after several weeks. Since then, all liver tests are back to normal save for my ALP (160) and GGT (139).  My annual physical in July 2016 shows normal glucose and triglyceride levels. I'm a 54 yr old male, height 6 ft., weight 180 lbs.  All previous annual physical blood results have been normal. Cannot determine what is causing elevated levels. Liver biopsy scheduled for Sept 19th. HELP!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well, if you're not drinking a lot of alcohol, usually the next culprit for jaundice is gallstones, blocking the bile duct.

• Posted

Thank you.  Jaundice symptoms disappeared before the end of November 2015.  Sonogram and MRI's showed no stones or any bile duct obstructions. Never have been a heavy drinker and have not had any alcohol since Oct 2015.   

• Posted

Hi..your saying everything is normal....so there are no elevated levels?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.