Elevated ALP Levels

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone.. I have some concerns and am hoping someone can shed some light  on this while thing! 

Back in january I started not feeling well.. after many many many tests, come to find out it was H.Pylori and I was treated for it. That doctor that diagnosed me with H.Pylori asked me at the time if I knew I had an elevated ALP liver enzyme... I said no.. he then stated he wanted to do more tests to make sure it was not from my liver. He sent me for blood work, and called me at home to ease my mind and tell me it did not look like it was from a liver problem, but he wanted my family doctor to continue to investigate. I have had back problems since I had my son, and have lots of muscle cramping etc. My family doctor sent me for blood work again, and said that he would like me to go for the next 3 months to see if the levels are lowering. I went and they came back at 398iu! He sent me for a bone scan to see if it was a bone disease, my scan came back clear. All other blood work is coming back normal, in January I had a full abdominal ultrasound that came back clear as well. I have had an MRI on my lower back which shows 2 herniated discs. I have also had 3 ECG's and a cardiac stress test which have all come back great! I just don't know what to think anymore, my doctor continues to tell me " You are not dying" which is great to hear but he seems concerned about the elevated levels now that they are so high.. I go for blood work again on Wednesday to see if they have come down at all.. but should I be stressed about it? Can herniated discs in my back cause elevated ALP levels? I had a scope on my stomach ( which is how they diagnosed my H.Pylori and have had a breath test to confirm it is gone now) so I don't think it has anything to do with intestines.. If the liver function test is coming back good all the time and the only thing out of whack is the ALP does that really mean it is not from liver problems? Apparently this has been high since 2012, seems to have started not long after I had my son... Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie-

I'm also having an issue with slightly elevated ALP. During some blood work to check my cholesterol and thyroid, my dr did a liver panel. All of my labs were normal except a slightly elevated ALP. It was a 135. My dr was not concerned but since I was, he retested a week later. It was still elevated but was down to a 127. He tested my GGT to see if it was coming from my gallbladder, but that was normal. He did another test, this time checking my vitamin d, parathyroid, CBC, and another liver panel. Everything was great except my ALP was 139. He referred me to an endocrinologist. I have almost decided to try to forget about it since he wasn't concerned. I have racked my brain to try to figure out what it's coming from. I fractured my toe s few months ago and I don't drink enough water. It's a mystery and very stressful.

• Posted

Do try my alternative natural treatment:-

Below my blood test results ( after taking Indian Gooseberry (Amla) juice from from 3 Indian Gooseberry combined 1 hour later with Olive Leaf Extract (2 teaspoons x 2/day) plus lemon juice (from half lemon) + 2 teaspoons of honey. This treatment is combined with intake of the following:-

A) 3x Omega 3(with 1,000mg fish oil, EPA-180mg,DHA-120mg), 

B) 2x Vitamin E ( 400I.U.)

C) 2x multivitamins

In 20 days the results as follows:-

Alkaline Phosphatase down 28% from 192 to 139.(<130) alanine="" transaminase="" (sgpt/alt)="" down="" 28%="" from="" 66="" to="" 48=""><37) aspartate="" transaminase="" (sgot/ast)down="" 20%="" from="" 77="" to="" 62=""><41) gamma-glutamyl="" transferase="" (gamma="" gt)="" down="" 37%="" from="" 532="" to=""><51)

in addition, i lost 2.3 kg within 15 days.

very happy with test results

in="" addition,="" i="" lost="" 2.3="" kg="" within="" 15="" days.="" very="" happy="" with="" test="" results="">

in addition, i lost 2.3 kg within 15 days.

very happy with test results

>

• Posted

Hi Stephieb,

i see your post was from 1 year ago and hope all is good with you. i was wondering if you could share any results they found because your syptoms as very similar to my fathers. i would greatly appreciate any insight. thank you so much for your time. 

• Posted

Stephie-Did you ever find out what the high levels were from?  I notice this was posted over 3 yrs ago. My ALK levels have been high since 2009.  I, as well, have had so many tests.  Although mine is at its highest now after a spinal lumbar fusion.  It is 192 not as high as your level.  Even tests don't give an answer.  How about you?  I hope you found out why your levels are so high.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.