Elevated Amylase clean CT scan

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had abdomen pain for about three weeks, pain kinda all over, but lately upper close to ribs in center. My Dr requested a blood test and everything came back normal except Amylase was a 355. She suspects gallstones and requested that an ultrasound done. Appointment is scheduled for tomorrow.

My son is friends with a boy and the boys dad is an ER doctor. Because I was so freaked out, he told me to come see him and he'd check me out.

I saw him yesterday and he had blood work done as well as a CT scan. Amylase was down to a 335 and CT scan was clean.

He told me he never runs blood work that tests Amylase because it is such a broad test and could be anything. Lipase was fine

My stomach pain has been better over the past four days, most times no dull pain at all, but still there at times.

Any ideas why Amylase is high? even though he said, all organs were fine, I'm still wondering why its still high.

Should I ask my Dr about doing an endoscopy?

Im still stressing about this and I feel like i received the best news yesterday, so should just not worry and hope the abdomen issues go away.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.