elevated CA 125

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have had an elevated ca 125 the last few months.  The first time it was 61 and the second time it was 51.  I have multiple fibroids in my uterus, largest is 5cm also two ovarian cysts.  one in each ovary.  one is a dermoid.  I have had nausea and vomiting, diarrhea and can't stop peeing and severe pelvic pain  My stomach looks like I'm 8 months pregnant.  CT was clear and having another ultrasound on October 1.  I am going to sign consent forms with my gynecologist on October 2nd and they said they would get me in for a hysterectomy on an emergency basis because of my symptoms?  I think it might be ovarian cancer but somehow it's not showing on ultrasound or in my CT.  Has anyone else ever been in this situation?   Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, sorry to hear you are going through this, it is an anxious time, I am listed for surgery early October and referred as urgent due to the size of the complex cyst currently residing in my pelvis! (the blighter) this forum as been so helpful and is full of experiences from real people going through similar stuff to us rather than 'text book' stuff. I just grab a cuppa and have a perooze over other folks experiences, I sincerely hope things go well for you and your op done and dusted soon 🙂

• Posted

Hi, I last November I found out that I had a 7cm cyst on my left ovary but since the pain is coming and going on and off I didn't take any action. Last July the pain got worse and the pain killers don't work anymore. I had to rush to the hospital and my cyst has become 10cm. My CA came back 61 and that really shocked me to death cuz I lost my mother to breast cancer. My doctor told me it doesn't look like cancer and the CA is high probably due to the cyst. But still I can't stop thinking about it. I had my laparoscopic last Aug 20 and found out that I have a severe endometriosis and my left tube was removed. My biopsy results all came back clear , only then I have realized that how blessed we all are. My point is don't worry too much. The doctor said some has cancer and the CA could be below the normal range. Just get it out as soon as possible and after the surgery eat well and exercise well. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.