Elevated CRP and LY%

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had blood test yesterday and my CRP came out 11,6 mg/L, reference value 0-5. And LY%(Lymphosyte%) is 53( ref 13-44) and NE%(Neutrophil %) is 36(ref 45-73) .  Exact counts of LY and NE and other counts are fine. I dont feel any other symptoms like fever etc. except vague bone pain. Is this could be another sneaky problem? Thank you. (I'm 24, smoker, have GERD)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

its lymphoctes . 

What did you doctor tell you ? 

• Posted

Appearantly it was a simple flu as my doctor said in the first place. I took the test again, but with some cancer indicators included. My CRP came back 3 and LY% 50, and these other counts came back neg(IG, NRBC). My doctor said I was recovering from some kind of viral infection, even I don't have a symptom.  

I am a bit hipochondriac, i got some relief now. Thank you anyway.

• Posted

Elevated CRP is not an indicator of cancer. 

What indicators your were told that said cancer? 

• Posted

Of course, elevated CRP could be anything inflammatory. I dont want to worry anyone. Most of the time it's just an infection but there are correlation between CRP and some kind of cancers even if it does not have diagnostic value by itself.  

Immature  Granulocyte Count (IG) is closely related with cancer as i've been told (maybe he was just comforting me but i read it is related to bone marrow diseases and CML). Of course, this is not entirely specific as well but in this condition, my doctor doesn't find further tests necessary. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.