Elevated EOS/D dimer, could it be cancer?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 2 months ago the hospital found a lesion on my ovary with internal flow, said it could be normal but worse case scenario it could be cancer. Had me follow up with my gyn for mri. Mri showed nothing. Eos was slightly elevated when lesion was found, should be no more then 3 it was 4.1, recently had blood work again and it went up to 5.6. All the rest of blood work is normal though. But afraid that means cancer like leukemia or something because I’m bad at googling stuff and that’s what comes up. why could everything else be normal and EOS continue to increase? Could that be normal? Or should I worry about it being cancer somewhere?

I also have an elevated d dimer but no PE was suspected with CT scan so they discharged me. My regular doctor just shrugs it off like it’s no big deal but I’m concerned.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi have you had any form of infection recently, cough, cold, sore throat, ear ache, water infection and the list goes on and on

• Posted

just allergies and that was only when i had the recent blood work for EOS going up to 5.6, the other blood work was done like 2-2.5 months ago so i cant recall if i was sick or anything, i dont believe so.

• Posted

Were you told your EOS levels were high? Or did you see it in your blood test results because normal eosinophil count is usually up to 500 cubic millimeters (mm3). Could you have read your test wrong?

• Posted

the paper says next to it its high, i know some labs say 0-5 or 0-6 is normal for EOS. but the lab i had mine does says it should be between 0-3.

• Posted

hi! i know this is an old post but I have an elevated D Dimer and after 5 months no one can figure out why any advice from your experience would be appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.