Elevated Iga and High C ReactiveProtein

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had hives since Oct. Of 2017. They are progressively getting worse. I've had all kinds of blood work done. My iga was slightly above high and my C Reactive Protein was 6 times what it's supposed to be. I've tested negative for autoimmune, rheumatoid, cancer, everything. It's just my iga and c reactive protein that was abnormal. Any suggestions on what it could be or what I could additionally ask for?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you had cortisol tested? it sounds like your body is giving a stress response probably caused by an infection and overreaction from antibodies. 
    • Posted

I haven't had that checked. However I also believe that this is a cause from infection. My hives get worse the higher my white blood cell count gets. I believe it's in my kidneys because the white blood cell count in my urine is high as well also accompanied by back pain. However my doctor(s) aren't pursuing it because the numbers are too high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.