Elevated PSA

Posted , 9 users are following.

My husband had his yearly physical with our regular DR. last week. Blood work and PSA done.

He did have LAP/with green light done on July 31st 2018. His PSA was 6.02 on the latest blood work. Don't recall before surgery. He had a traumatic brain injury in 9/2017 and catheter was in for almost 9 months for urine retention. I did read that it could be elevated for 6 months after surgery.

He also is going back this week for redoing the blood work. They think he might be slightly anemic.

He is a big coffee drinker and ice cream lover. Does diet have something to do with this elevation? I had read dairy might.

Any feedback? Thank you.

I thought I posted this earlier so if duplicate...sorry!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

repeat the psa (avoid cycling,heavy exercise, ejaculation for a couple of days before). if still raised then an MRI to decide on whether a biopsy needed and best approach.

green light laser vaporises tissue so biopsy/histology not normally done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.