Elevated Troponin for 3 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I AM A 67 year old male, fairly fit, none smoker and not over weight. i had a cardiac bi pass 3 years ago in September 2017 and since my troponin has been elevated. Post by pass i got some abdo pain hospital checked my blood and found Trop level up, 2.8 (old scale). Told me i had a none stemi (heart attack) and should take it easy. But each month from November through to july abdo pain returned, each time Trop level was up. Two cardiac stents where put in December 2017 plus January 2018 but still Trop level was same. Evenually Gall bladder was removed in July 2018 and by November Trop was going down, by January 2019 Trop level was normal. Next blood test done December 2019 after some left arm pain, behold Trop level back up 65 (new scale). Another cardiac stent inserted but now over a month later Trop still elevated and nobody knows why .

Has anybody had similar experience and can cast some light what may be going on Doctors think it is probably not cardiac related but do not know what is.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm not sure what's going on but there is a doctor on YouTube that has discussed this in one of his videos. Not sure if they will allow it but his channel is York Cardiology and he talks pretty extensively on the Trip in test. I hope this helps a little and you get everything sorted out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.