Eliminate uric acid crystals?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone had luck with celery seed 3nB pills to eliminate uric acid crystals in joint. Can this be a long term form of relief?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've tried celery seeds and bought them from Puritan's Pride in the States. Lots of critical reports but I've found them fine. However although I've taken them for years, I'm not convinced they did any good. I'm now on allopurinol and on December 15th I had my first proper pain free day since early April. Had a few hiccups since, which I've put down to urate crystals bouncing around my system, but after hearing from rusty gecko I now understand what's happening and I'm hanging on there with a degree of optimism I've not had for years. Started with 300mgs daily, increased it to 600 mgs and after seeing my urate levels go down big time (sorry forget the actual readings) my GP has recommended that I try and level off, in my own time, to 300mgs daily as a maintenance level. 

Hope this helps,     David

• Posted

Sounds good David

But frankly your doctor should be struck off. You don't just "level off at 300 in your own time." This is the 21 C and these are serious pharmaceuticals.

You do a blood test and if you get down to the desired urate level you keep it there until you have had no attacks for a couple of years. Then you test the blood urate as you reduce the allopurinol to the level at which it still keeps you •we under• 5.9.

• Posted

He did request that I arrange a further blood test in a couple of months to reappraise the situation, so it's not quite the hoc arrangement it appears. I put myself onto 600 from his reccommended 300, and he just wants to see whether I can get back to 300 mgs daily without upsetting my gout situation. It's a confidence thing really. To tell the truth I'm terrified of the Colchicin; the enclosed leaflet is terrifying! 

Come the end of February or so when i get my next blood test; all will be clearer.

David

David

• Posted

Colchesine is ok - just don't abuse it. Take it for a flare up and drop it straight away that the flare is under control.

• Posted

Thank you rusty gecko; that is exactly what I'm doing. Not had a flare up now for 14 days and I'm slowly reducing my allopurinol to see if 300 mgs daily is sufficient. Got some shellfish tonight for dinner; so let's see!

David

• Posted

You need to do the deduction with a blood test. You need to be low enough to flush out the excess not just low enough to stop attacks. The excess is sitting their causing inflation which will cause a host of disease.
  • Posted

Yankee, and all fellow gouty folks.  Thought I'd drop this here to let you know, hopefully something helpful.  I've been a gout sufferer for 10+years, starting with an attack maybe like once quarterly and then these past two years as common as twice a month, sometimes more.  I've even had gout in the big toe & knee of the same leg! I've been going through my diet systematically over the past two years hoping I'd find the culprit. I used every medical write up on the foods that affect diet with zero success.  About two months ago the only thing I found that I consumed in excess was Coffee (i.e. caffeine). So at my wits-end I completely cold turkey'd my blissful morning/afternoon power juice and to my surprise symptoms & attacks subsided.  Hope this info is helpful to someone!

• Posted

I use Resveratrol 600 mg to reduce Uric Acid and it works great. I now have no problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.