Elimination diet!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tomorrow I’m starting the elimination diet. I’m very nervous but right now any change that’ll help would be good right! Wish me good look! I’ll let you know the updates as I go. Anyone who have any advice feel free to contribute. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Good luck Dolly, I'm a strong believer.

It's not going to be immediate, the best thing you can note is what makes it worse... Usually 12-24hrs later for me. You might have some stubborn ones but the level of redness may indicate how affected/aggrevated they are.

• Posted

I have been researching information on hydrodenitus supprativa for my husband who had a chronic condition with huge boils under his armpit and buttocks for almost 20 years...it more recently was in his armpits though and he would have huge boils twice a month he would have to get drained. I had him try everything I found online from diet, soap changes etc....nothing worked. It got so bad that a doctor was going to skin graph his armpits. I found online something about humira possibly working on HS and convinced the doctor to let him try it. He was on the drug for 6 months and then stopped the humira. He has not had 1 boil since then. ...I hate to say hes cured but it's been really promising.....thought I would pass this along since I may be able to help others with this skin condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.