Eliquis Concerns

Posted , 4 users are following.

Like the title says, I still have doubts that this stuff is working for me, even though it's been almost two years since I was admitted to the hospital for a bilateral PE. Have there been any reports or studies about Eliquis not working effectively for any reason and should I be worried about it not working?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It is very rare, but it is possible to get another blood clot while taking anticoagulants. They sometimes occur in people who have strong clotting factors, like active cancer or a genetic clotting disorder.

• Posted

thankfully from what I can remember my genetic tests for clotting disorders came up negative, even though my family has a history for it. it was......Protein S deficiency for my dad's side I think, but i dont have that.

• Posted

Give medication time to work, it will work over time. It took 8 months for my mental health medication to work. You have to bear the brunt of things and keep jogging on. Results will come in time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.