Elleste Duet 1mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Ladies

I am on my 4th month of HRT. Mainly for hot flushes that had been terrible. These stopped very quickly and I'm feeling much better in myself. I have always suffered with migrain and take somatriptan for them. I had very infrequant periods before HRTwhich was brilliant. I have gone as long as 9 months without bleeding.I know I have to bleed on HRT but my goodness the bleeding and headaches have got much worse, This week has been horrendous. The period pain is terrible and nothing is working for my migrain. I thought long and hard about starting HRT and have over all been pleased with the results. I promised myself what ever the side effects I would remember how bad the flushes made me feel. However another wasted day laided on the sofa with a hot water bottle and banging head is making me wondered if it's worth it. First month was heavy bleeding 2nd and 3rd month not to bad and 4th month is worst for pain amount and migrain. Shall I give it another month ans sww what happend when this bleeding stops or go and see the doctoer sooner. I.ve been bleeding for 4 days. I don't have a constant headache. It;s dull and then turns into throbbing pain that sends me to bed or sofa.

Any advice would be very welcome 

K

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kitty. I'm wondering if your dose is too high. I would speak to your GP about it
  • Posted

Hi Kitty Mac,

I was told when taking the HRT for menopause we should not be bleeding. I was on HRT for two months for heavy anxiety and as well as no sleep and hot flashes. I came on my period and was told to stop taking HRT for a week and restart on a week and if I bleed again I will need to see my Dr. I think you should go see your Dr. Please follow and let me know how it goes.

• Posted

Yes when I was on tablets I had the same now I'm on a gel I alot better I used to get the wholly head with the tablets its finding what suits you sorry you've had so much trouble

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.