Elleste Duet Conti back in stock

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies, hopefully this will help some of you as it has me. I used to be on elleste duet conti tablets but had to change to Kliofem as there was big manufacturing problems with this medication. My pharmacist rang me today to let me know that Elleste duet conti was now in stock again and asked me if i wanted to change back, well yeah!

I also had a quick look at the online pharmacies that ive been looking at for months too and they also seem to be in stock.

I hope this helps someone out as it has me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel I am on elleste duet 2mg not coti do you know if these are back in stock as I have only a few weeks lefted if I have too change it will be for the third time

thank you

Paula

• Posted

Paula, I can only tell you that in my are of UK (Devon) that they are back in stock. I did an online search too at quite a few of the online pharmacies within the uk who also have it in stock now. I always buy at least one packet online as a back up, as well as my normal prescription as my gp will only give 3 months tablets at a time. This is something to do with the way the Gp's can charge the pharmaceutical companies. If she gives me a prescription 4 times a year (3 months at a time) then the nhs can charge the company 4 times. If she just gives me one prescription for 12 months of continual tablets then they can only charge once for it. so annoying as I travel a lot & am always worried about not having enough, hence why I buy them online too.

• Posted

thank you Rachel I am in the UK east Yorkshire have rang around but no one has them I was given kliofem but gave me bad headaches ,just hope I can fine something x

• Posted

hopefully they may filter through the uk in the next week. good luck.

• Posted

Hello Rachel,

Can I please ask, is this for postmenopausal women, how long have you been on it and do they measure your hormones before you go on it? I was thinking of doing the hormone saliva test and having my doctor put an order thru my pharmacist to compound a cream. But I’m not sure as I’ve heard HRT is good for Women up to 60, but not really past 60. I’m worried of what happens when we have to go off HRT? One of the women on here, they stopped making her patch and she really had a difficult time. TY 😃

• Posted

hi Lisa, I am in perimenopause, Im 51 now. I had my bloods checked to see where I was in my meno cycle. All pointed to peri. I was on this Elleste duet conti from the start & within 2 weeks felt like my old self with no pains at all. Sadly I had to change to Kliofem as my pharmacy kept saying they could not get them. The Kliofem did work but I just feel that I am at about 90% functional, whereas when I was on the Elleste I was definatley on 100% functionality. I have been taking HRT for 2 years now. I did ask my gp last week if i could have a top up of estrogen through a gel, but she has had to write to the gyno dept at the hospital for advice. Our Gp's really need to be more up to date with menopause by now!

Im not aure how long I'll be on it for. I did read on this forum of a woman who was on it for 12 years and is still continuing to take it. I think she did have several breaks to see how she was feeling but then decided to go back on it.

• Posted

Hello Rachel, also if these CO.'s no longer make some of these HRT meds, doesn’t your pharmacist compound a cream based on the level of your hormones, mine does? that way you never have to worry about a company no longer making these or running out or whatever 😃

• Posted

thank you Rachel, that’s my fear though, if they stop making whatever I’m put on and then I have to find something else. At least I know what I’m dealing with now. But what I don’t understand is, why certain meds are discontinued when they’re so useful, it doesn’t make any sense. Yes there is absolutely no excuse in 2019 these doctors are not on top of perimenopause and menopause, it’s actually a disgrace. Thank you for the info/reply;)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.