Elleste Duet NOT in stock anywhere

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear All, can no longer get Elleste Duet!! anyone else had same problem?? and what have you decided to do?? Femston has been suggested as alternative i tried this previously and did not agree with me.

Second time this has happened just get comfortable then back to square one!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I currently have a prescription for Estelle, will let you know how I get on...

• Posted

HI

Im prescribed Elleste Solo transdermal patches and i've had the same problem for two weeks. None of the chemist i have been to can get hold of them because of a "manufacturing problem" apparently.

The Pharmacist in Boots said she could of given me the equivalent but because my prescription states Elleste she couldn't she advised me to go back to the doctor and ask for a new prescription for a generic HRT patch which i am now waiting for.. the doctors receptionist said it was happening with other medications too

one pharmacist did say he only had the Elleste patches in the 80's but my prescrition if for the 40's that was sainsburys

• Posted

i was on Elleste Duet Conti and that was perfect for me. However, I havent been able to get any with my prescription for month now. My GP gave me an alternative, Kliovance, but they are only half the dose of the Elleste so I had to take 2 a day instead of just 1. My body did not like these at all, within 6 days all my hip/leg/elbow pain was back. I spoke to the GP again after someone on this forum recommended that I asked for Kliofem which apparantly has the same 'make up' and is the same dose. It took me my body about 4 weeks to respond to them in a satisfactory way (still not as perfect as when I was on Elleste) but I can now manage my daily life on these tablets.

I hope you get an alternative that works for you too. Its just so bloody annoying that when youve found something that works for your body, you suddenly cant get it any more.

Good luck! X

• Posted

Thank you all for info. i did manage to get hold of another 3 month supply but will need to change after, so annoying!!

Rachel, good luck too. if i try others and they work will let you know. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.