Elleste solo 1mg, no sex drive whatsoever!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

sorry for intimate detail here but I’m a 47 year old woman, I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy at 39 and subsequently went through an early menopause a few years later. My GP prescribed Ellleste Solo 1mg to help the inevitable mood swings, hot flushes etc. I can’t honestly say they’re helping much, I did try increasing to 2mg after 3 months but struggled with side effects I think (I’ve got active Crohn’s so that could be adding to the party) My question is really this - is it normal to have no return of sex drive on HRT? I feel too young to be so disinterested! Can anyone recommend an alternative with better results or give any advice, I’d be very grateful! Thank you in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sadly,

You are too young to not be enjoying a satisfying sex life. Does your hormone replacement contain Testosterone? I am on bio identical hormone creams, estriol, estrodial, progesterone and testosterone. My testosterone has had to be increased several times in order to get my libido where I wanted it to be and enjoy orgasms again. I am 58 and have been in menopause for three years and totally believe the struggles I was having in the sex department have been fixed from testosterone. I do have regular blood work that watches my numbers. I do have a good doctor that knows his stuff, this is important because many doctors just don't get it and most don't even consider testosterone in a man let alone a woman. There is compounded bio identical testosterone cream for women and this could be your answer. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Jude and a million thanks for your incredibly illuminating answer! 

My HRT tablet contains only estradiol 1mg (I still have my ovaries so apparently don’t need a combined pill) I think this particular pill is not working well for me at any level and needs reavaluating. The testosterone you mention sounds like the key to my libido issue though, that would make sense...I must admit that my doctor is not the best at taking the initiative so I may need to come straight out and ask for it but that’s what I’m going to do and if he can’t help me I shall ask him to send me to someone who can! Thank you once again for your advice. Wishing you all the best

💟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.