Elliquis rapid heart rate

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a PE blood clot in April 2018. I was put on Elliquis blood thinner. I have been going to the emergency room for rapid heart rate seems like once a week but all my blood work and EKG Chest CT scan comes back normal. I noticed that when, I take the Elliquis my heart rate suddenly goes up at rest. It scares me. I wore a heart monitor for 48 hours but they didn't find anything so tomorrow I'm going to my cardiologist to wear it again for two weeks. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this on Elliquis, it's so hard going through this.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had terrible side effects on Xarelto and Eliquis. Finally got put on Savaysa (Edoxaban) and feel pretty decent on that.
    • Posted

My doctor switched me over to xarelto on last Friday but I'm scared to take due to possible same side effects like the Elliquis. What were the sides effects that you experienced on the xarelto if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

Joint aches and pains, fatigue, and a 'head in the clouds' feeling

• Posted

I have some of those sides effects too on the Elliquis. After I get my results from my heart monitor, I will go from there whether or not I need to switch medications. Thanks again for your input!!
    • Posted

No problem. I went from Xarelto to Eliquis to Pradaxa and finally to Savaysa. Don't give up until you find one that works for you.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have problems on Apixaban (Eliquis). I am on this for life now since March this year, I am relieved no side effects except for one nose bleed while gardening! Hope you get a solution.
  • Posted

HIYA.

It's very early days in PE recovery for you. The common symptom in PE recovery is tachycardia (fast heart rate) it's extremely likely to be the PE you had causing this not the apixaban.

I'm surprised the doctors haven't told you that.

It can happen on and off for a while in recovery. Have you had a clear echcocardigram? If so that's really reassuring, i recommend joining a PE recovery Facebook group as you find fund it really helpful to discuss recovery symtpms with other survivors as doctors knowledge of PE recovery is very poor

All the best for your recovery

• Posted

The doctor stated that the tachycardia probably due the PE but it seems like when I take the Elliquis my heart starts racing or palpitations occurs. I had an echocardiogram done before I left the hospital it showed tachycardia but he told me nothing to worry about. Thanks for your input much needed!!

If you have anymore information, please send it my way thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.