Email blocked

Posted , 10 users are following.

i received an email from this site saying im blocked and need to reset my password, which i did. whats going on? about to give up here.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Don't know. I received your email. Hope you are ok after your latest event.

• Posted

I can understand why you may wish to give up but I think I recollect that happening with the previous format. Hopefully, it's fixed now and won't happen again. Are you feeling any better yet?

• Posted

somewhat, thank you. took 4th day of 10 today, better than i was but not back to where i was before the downfall.

• Posted

Glad to learn that you are a bit better and I hope that you are soon back on track again. It's not easy and disappointing when we backtrack a bit.

• Posted

I've reported it to the boss - let's find out what's up!!

• Posted

I know, seems if Im not on for a while than when I do go to reply I have to re sign up. I still do not get spell correction and if I capitolize a letter than the whole word is in capitol letters. It also seems that I do not get much info about RA anymore but get lots of info about dermatology and PMR, those are sites I check on because I have RA and psoriase and my husband has PMR, The site used to be really good, dont know what or why it has changed.

• Posted

it isnt a user friendly site, thats for sure. seems like a lot of users have left.

• Posted

I don't think there is any such thing as a user friendly site any more. Those date back to earlier days when there were people like Tim Berners-Lee who gave the internet to the world.

I have spent two months fighting my way through a book called The Age of Surveillance Capitalism. It is a disheartening account of human nature which has wonderful ideas which are then taken over by those who seek only profit. Google and Facebook apparently were altruistic in their infancy but then changed from providing a service to extracting what Shoshanna Zuboff calls behavioural surplus. This means that everything is continually tweaked, not to improve the quality of the service but to squeeze out all possible information that can be sold on.

Whether that applies to this site I have no way of knowing but I think anyone working in the sphere cannot help but be influenced by the ethos. No Brownie points for standing still even if everything is working fine as used to be the case here.

Shoshanna wants us to all stay and fight and hope that good will prevail so please don't give up.

• Posted

Skip facebook. Not only it collects all the private information, but also is used as a platform to disseminate targeted news, often of questionable origin.

For browsing, if I want to avoid tracking, I use VPN or TOR browser that hides your IP ( location) and identity.

• Posted

Luckily For me I didn't like the look of FB and have never used it. Unluckily for me I am finding that I am wedded to what I know more and more the older I get so use Google Chrome. Having recently left W7 and spent ages getting used to W10 I don't need any more of the panic that ensues when I have to learn another system. No grandchildren to call on!

• Posted

Chrome is "devils'" product. Google is one of the most intrusive companies, especially on the phone ( android) platform. Chrome is the last browser to trust, because it is made to collect data on you. If you use open source product, at least community is creating it and it should be safest product to use. I am still with W7.

• Posted

Hi Twopies,

I have removed the block from your email address this end so you should start receiving them again. I will check with the devs on Monday as I'm not entirely sure why/when emails get blocked. Will report back then.

Regarding other issues I have read about recently like text problems, emojis, notifications (abilty to mark as read individually) etc - I will once again report these issues in the hope of getting higher priority for the fixes.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

if its any help, i got the lockout notice almost at the same time that i got a spam message from someone selling herbs. sure was surprised to see that.

so i changed my password as directed and have been able to get into the forum. as you can guess, im not computer savvy.

• Posted

speaking of not being computer savvy, i changed my password as directed after being locked out. so which password is now correct?

• Posted

Hi Twopies,

It will be the one you changed it to, presumably used to sign in to reply to me? When you say you got a spam message - was that an email or a Private Message here? If it was a PM and you marked the email notification as spam this will explain the block.

Alan

• Posted

it was a pm. i didnt mark it as spam. the poster doesnt appear to have pmr. i got ghe block notice shortly after i read her pm and changed my password then. several days ago.

• Posted

Hi Twopies,

I've had a further look into this and it seems your email provider automatically blocked an email from us which resulted in subsequent blocking of all emails. This is beyond our control but if this happens again you can either follow the instructions to unblock or send me a PM and I can unblock from here.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

how odd, one of the mysteries of the universe. thank you for your followup.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.