Embarrarrased - can’t break wind!

Posted , 5 users are following.

OMG, this is embarrassing.....

i haven’t been able to break wind (sorry Fart), and have pains in my stomach and lower area.  Am suffering with all sorts of gut issues and gallstones. Am having a scan next week to check for gallstones, but now have this situation.  Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated 😜

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You have a blockage, you need medical attention right away !
    • Posted

Thank you for your answer, but that seems a bit extreme☹️.  Why would you think I need urgent medical attention?
    • Posted

I that if a person can't release gas that urgent medical care is needed. Best to be on the safe side.

• Posted

Trapped gas does hurt. I walk to help mine get moving. Sometimes you can sit and rotate your body in circles, from the waist up, rotating and changing directions. Left to right; right to left. Depends on where the gas is trapped. Ever seen anyone "burp" a baby? They are causing any air to be forced out. Same concept with your bowels and gas. Walking helps move it. Someone indicated you could be constipated. Air can get trapped between hardened stool. It doesn't just "dissolve." It has to be moved. Usually, bowels moving down your intestines pushes it along. If you dont have diarrhea, Drink some miralax, to put water in your stool. It's not a laxative. It just adds water. Tasteless and odorless. You can find it at a pharmacy in the stomach remedy Asile. Takes awhile to see results, but you need it if your bowels aren't soft enough. I have the same problem and these things help me. Just had my gallbladder removed but that doesn't cure the chronic gas.

• Posted

Thank you.  Have just been for a walk and I think it has helped a bit😁

• Posted

If you live in the UK, the best thing for trapped wind I have tried is Rennie-deflatine 
  • Posted

Hi

The best thing for trapped wind is cider vinegar if you can stomach it. It breaks up even the most stubborn wind. 👌😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.