Embarrassing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have anxiety but for some reason I sometimes have anxiety attacks in my chemistry class I think it's because of the setup but it's really embarrassing when I have these attacks it feels like I'm on a roller coaster but without any signs that it's gonna drop so yeah all that adrenaline hits me and I sit in front of the class so everyone see's me have these attacks any tips on how to stay calm?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The best thing that I have done is slow breaths 5 seconds inhale, pause, 7 second exhale. And focus on the breathing. Try to block everything else out. That sometimes helps me. I hope it works for you.

B

• Posted

Breathing exercises can definitely help. Can you maybe sit somewhere else, like in the back of the room, closer to the door? When I'm in lectures I like to sit near the door...that way I can step out if I need to. I feel less trapped. Feel better...

• Posted

Yeah the back of the classroom is the spot man anywhere else in the classrooms feels like hell just dread on top of dread just pure hell
    • Posted

PS: what is this type of anxiety called I haven't been clinically diagnosed yet and all of these anxiety disorders sound the same and its hard to pick the one that seems to fit

• Posted

It's pretty much never a good idea to self-diagnose. Because you can't receive treatment until you're diagnosed by a qualified professional. But if I had to guess, it sounds like you have socail anxiety, or "generalized anxiety disorder" or GAD. Best to talk to your GP about this, get in some therapy or psychiatry, and get help so you'll feel better. smile Peace to you! 

• Posted

Deep breaths before class, learn how to calm ur breathing down during class and really think are there any triggers such as your tutor, people in class who make u anxious or even where u are sitting, lighting, etc.

Hope this helps

Phil

• Posted

Yeah its where I sit most definitely the classroom setup is what gets the adrenaline going I've never been this way it depressing in all of my classes I sit in the back but this one he keeps sending me to the front so that's why I've been avoiding his class for some days it's usually my thoughts that end up getting in control and its really hard to stop them my first panic attack is what started it all my freshman year I get these sensations as if my falling and I have to hold onto something when I'm in high anxiety places and I get out of body experiences also any ideas or tips please?

• Posted

PS: what is this type of anxiety called I haven't been clinically diagnosed yet and all of these anxiety disorders sound the same and its hard to pick the one that seems to fit

• Posted

Cud u have a word with this tutor so that u can remain at the back. That way ur still learning and u'll perform better in tests. It's a win win situation. If he doesn't then he's an a*****e.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.