Emergency !! Continuous chest pain for more than a week ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Few days ago I woke up with a sudden jerk as if I was going to faint. The next day when I visited the doctor he said it is nothing but Acid reflux. The medication continued for 10 days but there was no improvement. I visited him today and he said that it could be GERD. My most severe symptom is pain in middle of the chest just below the breast bone ( where the abs start ), this pain increases whenever I eat or bend or make stressful movements. Other symptoms are shortness in breath, bloating, difficulty swallowing, sensation of vomiting, burping as if I am going to spit acid, frequent need for urination. Please help me clarify what is the problem ? My doctor has currently prescribed me with Pantoprazole capsules, antigas liquid and o2 tablets for two days.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you aren't feeling well but in time and proper diet and medication you will eventually feel better. I am not a doctor but I has something similar about 3 yrs ago. The tips I share with you are solely from my own experience.

It sounds like you might have gastritis. Google diet for gastritis. Can you recall prior to this happening to you were you taking any medicine, over drinking alcohol or under more than usual stress? You must change your diet right away. No coffee, tea, soda, alcohol. No fried, greasy or spicy foods. No chocolate. I even stayed away from black pepper. Make sure your vegetables are cooked well. Stay away from gassy Vegetables. In other words eat very bland. It sucks but it will help. This may take sometime so do not get frustrated. If you feel in a weeks time your not any better you may want to let you Dr know. Take your anti gas liquid before meals and at bedtime.

Raise your head board on books. Wait at least 2 hrs before laying down after eating. Don't bend over for 2 hrs after eating. Drink lots of water and drink hot herbal teas.

Keep us posted.....

• Posted

After taking Pantoprazole tablets for a day. It relieved me a bit but still there is a dull pain in the upper left abdomen and centre of the chest (xiphoip area) whenever I eat, bend or make stressful movements. A bit of tightness in the same spot but this tightness goes away after I burp. I was not on any medications but I used to take Ayurvedic tablets for digestion, I don't smoke or drink but I sometimes get Stressed because of various conditions.

• Posted

Sounds like your on the mend. Glad to hear. Just stay on the diet. It takes time to go away. It could takes several months.
    • Posted

Yesterday there was a strange phenomenon, while having a chat with my friend there was a sudden heart palpitation along with cold sweat and numbness in my left hand. Is it normal ? Does this happens due to the heavy dosage/medication ? Is it related to GERD ? I am really afraid !!
    • Posted

What do you mean heavy dosage? How much are you taking? How much did the doctor prescribe? Do not be scared. Call your Dr. and explain what happened. Maybe toy body doesn't agree with this medication

• Posted

Pantoprazole ( protonix ) 40mg twice a day with other medications like antigas liquid, O2 tablets and regular tablets ( paracetamol etc )
    • Posted

I honestly don't know the answer. Please call the doctor that prescribed this medication for you and let them know.

Don't be afraid.. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.