Emetophobia, I always feel nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a case of emetophobia and worry about sick all the time, this causes me to have many panic attacks and I always have anxiety.

I'm 15 years old and I always feel sick, I think it might be the panic attack a which cause this but I'm not sure and any help would be appreciated.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I will tell you constantly focusing in what you dont want will bring it on.its all you are thinking about. Not surprised your belly hurts all the time. Focus in what you DO want. And by the way you have zero control on whether you would need to vmoit or not. If it came to that it is to save you not hurt you. I know you know that and its a ocd irrational fear. You might have given yourself a spastic belly from all the worrying and stressing. Why dont you let your doctor know this is what you spend your time thinking about. They hear about anxiety from kids every single day they are very used to it.
    • Posted

Thanks for the quick reply and helpful information I will hopefully go and see the doctor soon!
  • Posted

Irrational fears are just that. They make no sense but to a sufferer they are truly awful and impinge on life

Lisa, who responded swiftly to you and who is a mine of information and who is the backbone of the Forum, is correct in advising you to discuss this with your GP.  He will help. You cannot overcome this without structured guidance

Lisa once gave me some advice that for me, was life changing. She asked me, What's the worst that can happen?

I ask you the same question Chris

If we vomit it is natures way of ridding our body of "bad "stuff. If you can see it in that light it is a positive thing as opposed to a bad thing.

Vomiting, whilst unpleasant, won't kill you honey. It just feels nasty. But say you had a tummy bug of some kind, if your stomach didn't eject it then you really would get ill.

You feel sick through worrying honey. Watching and listening, so to speak, how your tummy feels

See your doctor and try not to worry, okay?

Helen

• Posted

Addendum smile

What I now tell myself, thanks to Lisa,instead of, say

What if I faint!

What if I make a fool of myself when suffering a panic attack!

What if....what if....

All those anxiety what ifs running round the head?

Now I tell myself, What's the worst thing that can happen? (Thank you, bless you Lisa!)

I I faint? So what. Somebody will pick me up

If I feel wobbly in public? So what? People are too busy with their own lives. They're not looking at me

All that what ifs? All that unnecessary worrying over what might happen but NEVER, EVER has! All can be dismissed with the, What's the worst that can happen?

If you ever vomit nothing bad will happen to you. You have to try to view it in context

Hope your GP sorts you out. I'm sure he will smile

• Posted

Panic attacks can cause so many symptoms and yes they can cause that. Have you done any research on panic attacks? It may help you to understand the flight or fight responce and what the body does during it. When you get nervous your body perceives their is danger and it kicks in the flight or fight and one portion of that is the empty the stomach to allow you to run faster if needed. Just know that they are just terrible feelings they will not kill you. There is not one reported case in history of anyone dieing of a panic attack. Start researching then so you can gain control and understand what is happing to you hopefully that will take the fear away.
  • Posted

SO SAD TO HEAR YOU SYMPTOMS BUT JUST THINK THAT YOUR ARE NOT ALONE MILLION OF PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME LIKE YOU---I HAVE ALSO PANIC ATTACK WHICH CAUSE LOT OF FEAR TO ME--SPECIALLY WHEN I AM TRAVELING IN PLANE AND BULLET TRAIN I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HART ATTACK THEN BURPS START FOR HOURS-----I WILL TELL YOU MY STORY OF YESTERDAY I WAS WATCHING MOVIES  WHEN I WAS GOING TO SLEEP I FEEL MY HEART STOP BEATING I JUMP FROM MY BED AND BURP ALOT I FEEL I AM DIEING AND ANY TIME I CAN FALL DOWN----I AM FACING IT FROM LAST 4 YEARS BEFORE ITS WORSE NOW LITTLE BIT FINE BUT STILL HAVE PANIC ATTACKS-------I HAVE VISITED LOT OF DOCS BUT AFTER THE INCIDENT OF YESTERDAY I TAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH CARDIOLOGIST FOR COMING FRIDAY----I HAVE DONE ECHO 2 YEARS AGO WHICH WAS CLEAR AND ALSO PLENTY OF ECGS MORE THEN TEN ALL OF THEM ARE CLEAR ENDOSCOPY COLONSCOPY BLOOD TESTS NO THING WRONG IN IT I WANNA CHECK UP AGAIN FOR MY HEART HOPE EVERY THING FINE ---I WANNA SAY THAT DON,T THINK TO MUCH IF YOU REALLY WANNA HELP YOUR SELF GO TO DOC AND RUN SOME OF THE TESTS BUT I THINK YOU ARE TO YOUNG AND YOUR PROBLEM WILL B CAUSE BY  GAS
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for your help, have made me feel better but will speak to GP. Hopefully he can sort me out 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.