Emla Cream for Blood tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a blood test on 8th July +today I requested a tube of Emla Cream to numb my arm. A prescription request I've always had approved only to find it was declined

I phoned to find out why +I was told it was only for hospital patients. I had to explain that not only was it always approved but I refused to have one without it. I thought that either one of the receptionists. was inefficient by not stating the reason for it or it was someone in boots had omitted the reason hence it being declined. I enquired if the reason.had Ben added(blood test) +found out it wasn't so I asked the receptionist to. add. Blood Test & she said it shouldn't be an issue now its been amended. So I've got to phone Wednesda to see. So annoyed at the moment

Last year I was accidentally given 6 tubes +told to keep them in the fridge which I have done. Good job they ve still got 2020+2021 use by date on because if they refuse it I'm going to get one over on them +mention. them +say I ll use one of them lol

But I ll see playing it by ear

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I thought Emla Cream was available without prescription so anyone can get it. You can buy it at Superdrug.

• Posted

No I always get it on prescription when I need it

• Posted

I thought they may have started economising as quite a lot of things have been taken off prescription.

• Posted

I.went to collect it today & IVE BEEN GIVEN 6.!!!!!.No idea why Im not complaining..i only need one. I ll just keep the others safe until a next appointment for a blood test.

• Posted

This medication contains 2 amide-type local anesthetics, lidocaine and prilocaine. It is used on normal, unbroken skin or on the outer genital area to prevent pain before certain procedures such as inserting a needle, skin grafts, or skin laser surgery. you can buy it from Genmedicare It works by temporarily numbing the skin and surrounding area. Do not use this product in the ears.

• Posted

Hi Jacquhulsey

Yes I know. I think I foud out the reason why it was declined -because my mum phoned up & ordered it & didnt state as to why it was required (I thought it was the inefficiency of either oe of the receptionists i the surgery to write on the presription what it was for or someone at Boots so now Ive said to them why I need it & the receptionist said it wouldnt be an issue THEY BETTER NOT REFUSE IT!!!

As I said in my message I've always had my request approved every time Ive had a blood test. Its a good thing Ive go those spare ones which are in date I'll use one of those

I know not to put it in my ears lol but thanks for your message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.