Emotional

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can anyone plz tell me that im not by myself when it comes to being emotional....OMG, i really feel like im crazy....one minute im happy next 2 days im emotional and on a rollercoaster....am i by myself and if so i might have to go see my local doctor....

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, I assure you that you are not alone in this! Every since I began perimeno (6years ago) I am so emotional that I can’t even stand myself! But the last year or so have been the worst. One minute happy, the next, I am so emotional that I either start to cry or get angry over just about anything! Has been happening on and off for a few years now. Just another part of this looong ride through menopause! I try to keep myself busy with hobbies or other things I like to do during my emotional moments and it does seem to help a bit...
  • Posted

HI Susan, oh yes...very common.  I was a wreck, crying and very sensitive mostly.  Coupled with all the other symptoms, it’s exhausting and really gets to us emotionally.   Progesterone is supposed to be the feel good hormone, which definitely declines at this stage.  I tried the mini pill, it made me worse, but that’s fake progesterone.  Going to ask my dr about creams.  I ended up starting lexapro a couple months ago.  Really got me out of that rut.  Good luck!  
  • Posted

Thank you for your honesty and transparency....i really pray a magic pill for us ladies
  • Posted

Oh yes, feel like bursting into tears on minute and the next minute could commit murder!
  • Posted

You are not alone. I was a complete wreck last year. My poor partner was baffled. My periods stopped abruptly. I had no waning time, no symptoms nothing. Normal like a clockwork every 29th day and then stopped gone forever taking my libido and mood with it! I was swinging like a pendulum, deliriously happy and positive in the morning, miserable scared and weepy in the evening or vice versa. I'm taking HRT now, premarin, naturogest and cernos gel. The last one I self prescribed, I won't advice it as it causes bleeding gums, but for me it's worth putting up with it because this combination stabilized my mad mood swing (now I'm uniformly miserable most of the time but only mildly :D)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.