Emotional personality disorder

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi, i claimed esa when i had to leave work due to being paranoid i was being followed locking myself in toilets and reacent overdose, ever since i have left work i havnt been out of the house, my home feels safe so i will not leave.

I had a letter from esa today to go for an assesment but its about an hour away in a very busy town and im already thinking if i just kill myself now then i dont have to go, i worked up the courage to ring them and they said i need to get a letter from my doctor but she was very rude and said my benifit could get stopped. I dont even want any money or any of these assements but i promised my mum i will still be here from christmas but i can promise after but thhis assesment has really pushed me back and i just want to go sad has anyone had a letter from doctor and they do a home visit instead?

Thank you i know a long one but i have no one to talk to

0 likes, 5 replies


5 Replies

  • Posted

    Dear Samantha sorry you feel this way. Please ask for your Doctor to ring you and explain you need a letter for ESA to show them you are not well. Is it possible someone can pick the letter up and send it recorded delivery to ESA? I am almost sure ESA can assess you at home.
  • Posted

    Hi. Sorry you feel the way you do. I would take no notice of these people on the phone. I'm sure your doctor will do you a letter as a health professional explaining how you feel. I personally would phone the esa when you've recieved the letter and tell them you will be sending one in. I think as long as you let these people know what's happening they tend to be ok with you. That's through my experiences. Anyway good luck.

  • Posted

    You are exactly the sort of person that the safeguarding regulations were made following the numerous suicides that were  alledged to have happened because of ESA assessments.

    ​Unfortunately the DWP only after a year or so have now watered them down as they were too restrictive for them to work with.

    ​Yes I would get a letter from your GP and send it to them telling them how vulnerable you are.

  • Posted

    I feel like ive been getting worse leaving the house and all my doctor says is oh youre young you shouldnt be staying in the house then gives me a sick note and tells me just to ring crisis team last time i rang them they came out to see me and was asking me what kind of coffin i wanted! I know right! You ring esa and they are just so rude i feel like there is no way out think it may just be easier this way, thank you for your replys anyway x
    • Posted

      Hey Samantha,

      There is always help whenever you need it - please don't think there is only one way out of this very stressful situation for you.

      People, in general, particularly when working, can seem rude, uncaring, unsympathetic and frankly completely oblivious to what someone may be going through. DO NOT let others decide how you determine your life.

      You are valued and loved. ESA is a mere drop in the ocean to life's many many trials and tribulations, happiness and fufilling elements.

      There is help - call your GP and ask their advice, it is their job to help you in your time of need so don't feel as if you shouldn't be asking them for support. If your GP doesn't seem to understand you, ask for a second opinion - I am sure another doctor would be able to speak to you and discuss your feelings towards yourself smile

      Please please please get help with how you are feeling - Samaritans are very good to talk to and generally run a 24/7 service either over the telephone or even through email.

      I know it can be very very scary making these decisions and responsibilities for phoning people, but you as a life are worth it. It's integral to your heath that you ask for help when you need it smile

      Please take care love, and let us know how you get on with everything. Sending our love x


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up