Emotional rollercoaster

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi dear friends.

you've all been so kind with your well wishes that I wanted to keep you posted.

Just got a call from my doctor. she's been called away on a family emergency and will be gone all week.

once again, everything needs to be rescheduled.

so tired of this emotional rollercoaster.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh yes, it is a roller coaster. One thing I have gained from PMR and GCA in two years is a new appreciation of health and doing what you want to do or have dreamed about before you cna'at.....I am introspect as well. Also more detailed oriented in what I am looking at and finding it so wonderful. Am glad to be on the right side of the grass even when hard. Waking up each morning to dizziness inside my head brings lack of concentration and ability to remember. not just like hte old age thing, but 30 and it's out of my head, Anyway I am taking anti depression pills and finding life easier and keeping a smile on my face as my hubby of 54 years requests....it's easy most times. Love my painting friends here in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada...love canada too.

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

Oh my what a disappointment! 😩 just as you have got yourself all psyched up for the biopsy. So you have to linger for perhaps more than a few weeks now. I think if your doctor felt it was an emergency perhaps she would have made other arrangements for you. Ah well, not much you can do about it, just try and relax and be of good cheer if possible until she returns and you get a rescheduled date.....heaps of good wishes and loads of happy and kind thoughts your way.....😚😊❤x

• Posted

Bummer. I'm sure at this point you just want to get it all over with. Hopefully your weather has been better than ours and you have a chance to get out and enjoy spring.

• Posted

NO!! 98o... can't take it. I don't have qir conditioning!

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

When we had an extremely hot summer last year in UK i filled three/four hot water bottles with cold water and put them in the fridge and freezer. Used them during day if i was home and put them in my bed at night and cwtched them. It worked a treat for keeping cool.....kind thoughts big smile your way...😆😊

• Posted

Oh, right. You are not in this year's unseasonable chill in the northeast. We are simply thrilled when the temperature gets into two figures celsius. Might be 16C today! Usually much warmer by now. I'll happily take a few of your degrees, would you like some of our rain?

• Posted

My trick to sleep better is to take a cool-off shower before bed and lightly dry so the drying action brings cooling to the skin. invest in a small fan put it up on table to blow over you and I usually end up with blankets up to my ears by morning. Lovely solution and less expensive than air. Same thing goes for during the day....quick cooling shower without putting clothes back on....as long as there's no close neighbours to peer in windows.

• Posted

Lynda: I find it strange that the dr. had to be there to schedule your biopsy. I would think that there would be staff working in the absence of the doctor that could schedule that. I know that different countries work differently as to their health insurance systems. What country are you in?

• Posted

• hi. no, it wasn't that the staff couldn't schedule it, it's cuz they don't know when the doctor will be back to work
  • Posted

Geez....that seems to put you in an untenable position....having been told you might have a problem and then not being able to get answers because the doctor is not available. I would think the doc would have a back-up doc when he/she is out of pocket. R U in the USA, Canada, Great Britain? Just curious, as I doubt this would happen in the U.S. system, even with all its imperfections. But then, maybe I am being overly optimistic.

• Posted

sorry....you're being overly optimistic! I live in California.

It seems alot of doc's are taking summer vacations right now!😠

• Posted

It is something that wouldn't happen in any of the European systems if you were using the state system - there would always be cover for something urgent. Waiting times may be longish at present, reflecting a world-wide shortage of doctors, but there is someone there if you need them and tests would NOT be put off because a single doctor was called away or went on vacation unless they were the only person in the region who could do them,

• Posted

Eileen, there's a saying.....

"The issue is not the issue".

I suspect you're a nice woman....but you can be cold as ice sometimes.

I wish you well

• Posted

I wasn't replying to you - but Senormacho. Stating a fact.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.