Emotionless but terrified

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm finding I'm just...not happy any more. Or sad. Or angry. And this makes me scared. I've noticed the change really since October 2021 (there was a major life change around that time). Not a whole lot excites me in the long-term. I'll have moments when I smile or laugh, like at compliments or a TV show, but outside of that, inside I feel emotionless. Though, proceeding to have concerns and getting teary-eyed thinking about it indicates that I do have emotions. I guess I'll take sad or scared over nothing?

I still feel like a robot, doing the same thing each day, going through the motions of everything in a routine that hasn't changed since 2019 it seems. I know the pandemic may be partly to blame, I just really hate feeling like this. I know I have some undiagnosed depression/anxiety, causing brain fog as well.

I'm good at faking things for the most part. At work I'll put on my smile or whatever. At home, I tend to keep to myself.

I'm hopefully planning on starting a mental health journey soon with doctors and official diagnoses and such. I really want a change and to just feel happy, even just content for a change.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.