Emu oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

there has been a lot of favorable talk about emu oil.  I have been using 100 percent aloe vera two times daily to great benefit for about 8 weeks but am not sure if this is ok long term.  I found Blu Emu here in the States but noticed the main ingredient is aloe with some emu oil and other additives, which could make it more mild.  Has anyone used either Blu Emu or straight aloe down there for a long time?  Will plain emu oil work as well?  Any input would be appreciated.

lyn

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I used straight Emu oil for a bit, but was not terribly impressed.  However, everyone is different.  It also smelled of chicken grease, which put me off.  Let's face it, it could be just that for all we know.  Dermol 500 is a very good washing cream as is Double Base (I prefer the latter).

• Posted

Aloe gel straight from plant is fine and another thing worth trying is the Bi-carb wash after using bathroom. Good luck. I am sure the bicarb is what fixed mine. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Hi, I bought Emu oil recenly but for some reason despite all the good reports I have read on it I cant bring mself to use it...I keep thinking " from one old bird to another" lol, so I think I am going to stick with just using the coconut oil..
    • Posted

This really made me laugh!  Thank you!  I sort of felt the same and have only used it a few times.  The cold chicken grease smell reminds me of Sunday lunch at my grandmother's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.