Emu oil for LS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi!

Has anyone tried Emu oil for Lichen Sclerosus? I bought but I'm afraid to use it.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have tried both emu oil and Emuaid ! Emu oil helped but Emuaid Max was and still is my go to always ! Only have to use Clob when there is a flare up.

• Posted

I had a few..none now....just be sure to water bottle spray flush the area after voiding...pat dry, then apply emuaid as a barrier every time you void.

• Posted

I use pure Emu Oil. It is my go to product. I switch back and forth between Emu Oil and Vitamin E cream. One works for awhile and then when it doesnt anymore, I go back to the other. Only have to use Protopic ( Tacrolimus Ointment) when I have a flare. Protopic is like Clob but since I live in Canada, my doctor prescribed Protopic which I believe is not a harsh as Clob

• Posted

I thought Protopic was a pill. Didn't realize it came in a cream. I use Triamcinolone which is also weaker than Clob. I've been leery of Emu oil as I tried an essential oil blend which was way too strong for me. Come to think of it I was supposed to be sent a refund that never arrived!

• Posted

Im on a site on facebook and a lot of women use it . I dont think you should be afraid of it . is it Emuaid that you bought ? because thats the one they rave about . Have look see if you can join its really good . Just type lichen screlosus in your search bar . There are several groups . look for one that says borax as well , thats a really good group . hope they allow this reply because it will help you a lot . good luck .

• Posted

No need to worry about Emu oil or coconut oil.

Just recognize that it will stain your panties or pants.

I have thrown out several pairs of pants so I bought two pairs of lounger pants that I only wear at home when applying these oils.

However I must I have gone back to just plain old Vaseline.

Cheap and does the job!

• Posted

I decided to take a break the last two weeks and just stick with Vaseline.

I am feeling much better.

I think the secret is to know when to stop using the Clob.

Whenever you burn you tend to put it on because you are desperate to feel better. In feel overusing can make the situation worse.

Thanks for asking.

• Posted

Totally agree! The goal is to know our own bodies and self help!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.