Emuaid?

Posted , 10 users are following.

wondering if anyone has had good luck using this, especially for dry skin and controlling of the itch?

i am a little worried of the tea tree oil in it burning. if you do use do you use normal strentgh or the max?

it seems expensive so wondering about effectiveness before i buy.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi 33beth I use regular, the max was way too harsh for me. The gal at emuaid said max not recommended for LS but i know others on this forum have foynd it helpful.

I find rotating products is good with this disease. I use plain Emu oil - Emuaid - and coconut oil most. Also aloe jelly tho it feels burny to me at first.

I hope this helps some and you are feeling strong.

• Posted

Hi my consultant suggested Hydromol ointment which I have found excellent. Can also use it to wash with on wet hands etc.

• Posted

HI Beth , I have tried it and suffered a n imediate burn and bad reaction to it . This was due to the high content of T tree . my advice to you stear clear xx

• Posted

HI Beth- I was diagnosed in JUNE and immediately left on vacation. I had read about emuaid online and ordered the red one - MaXx first. It was a great relief to me and all pain and itch were gone in 10 days. I switched to emuaid regular as I felt the Maxx ( which has 10x the amount of tea tree oil as the regular) was probably stronger than I now needed. yes $48-$58 ia alot for 2 ounces, so I SAVED UP and bought the 16 ounce, on sale for $288 , and they sent me a coupon, so I SAVED ANOTHER $44 and the total cost was $244. YES, this sounds like alot of $$, but nothing has worked as well. I finally got back home, saw my DR. and used CLOB FOR 2 weeks 2x a day, changed my diet- no wheat, sugar and low oxalate , and am now " in remission". no symptoms, no white patches, and if I eat the wrong thing and feel a " tingle", I put a dab of emuaid regular ( blue) on it, I HAD VERY GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

• Posted

I love it!!! I hate when i run out. i finally went and bought myself a huge tub! I use less steroid when i have Emuaid

• Posted

beth, I have not tried that product. I have what appears to be a mild case of LS compared to what others report. I was leery of using a steroid for a long period, read of an essential oil product a poster had mentioned and ordered it. The woman who created it has LS and says it has solved her problem. I was concerned that tea tree oil was an ingredient (as was my gyn), but I decided it was worth a try. It burned a LOT. I then tried applying coconut oil before the oil (not even a drop), but it continued to burn and seemed to be making matters worse so I gave up.

You reaction to tea tree oil may be entirely different than mine. Another poster suggested I may be reacting to the peppermint oil in it. I don't know, but for now I will stick to the medium strength steroid. If you try the emuaid maybe you should start with the weakest. It would be great if these companies offered very small samples so we could test for reactions before making the investment.

• Posted

Hi, I'm in the UK, so haven't used Emuaid, but have used another brand of emu oil, which is based in UK and the one I use doesn't have Teatree oil in it, and I've found that to be helpful.

• Posted

Beth, I have had outstanding results with Emuaid Max...tried the Regular and it wasn't that affective. The itching and redness went away quickly and I have been able to cut way down on steroid use. At last visit the Dr. was pleased with the results. I also use coconut oil and aloe. 100% cotton undies, clothes washed in Tide sensitive, no dryer sheets...I use wool balls to soften the clothes. Tried many other things, combos, but this is really working for me.

• Posted

Hi,

I bought regular Emu oil, but have only been using it for a week and am not really symptomatic yet so I'm just trying to stave that off. But no issues with it so far, doesn't burn. I just looked up the ingredients of Emuaid and it has colloidal silver in it, which sounds a bit concerning to put on one's skin. Any thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.