Emuaid

Posted , 10 users are following.

Debating ordering emuaid for my LS. It's so expensive. Is it worth ordering? Have you had success with it?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been using Emuaid for 5 days, and so far there is a slight improvement with the open lesions on my legs, and it stops the itching. The large hypertrophic lesion ( 3x 4 inches) has not improved yet. If it works I will put up with the price. I bought it from Amazon.
    • Posted

dear Jane...I cringe to think of the pain you must have with such a large  open lesion on your leg!  How awful for  you.  But surely your dr. can prescribe some sort of medicine for that?  An area that large probably should not have Clobetasol, or which ever steroid  you have for LS, used on it, but there has to be some sort of help for you.  I use the emuaid when I have any raw feeling or itchy feeling on the LS, but that is not often at this point...but I wonder if it is strong enough for your particular sore?  I hope you do find some relief.
    • Posted

Dear Patricia, thank you for your concern.  I was given dermavate at the beginning, but I am unable to have that or any steroids, because of another problem. The doctors have said that it should heal on its own, eventually  but I have had Hypertrophic LS this time for over a year. Which is why I have found Emuaid, but I am not seeing much improvement so far. Yes it is very distressing, as I have had to cancel holidays, because of the spots that bleed every so often. That worried me, also I am unable to swim if anyone sees me.  I find sea water and chlorinated water in a swimming pool, very good for LS. Someone complained about my condition and I was asked not to return.
    • Posted

Hi Jane...I am so sorry about the episode at the swimming pool....how discourageing....It would be great if we could buy a bottle of sea water, wouldn't it?  I believe the sea and sea air can cure so much.  There is another product I have also bought...Perrins creme complete...there were a few on this forum comparing that and emuaid....I lilke the emuaid better for my LS, but I wonder now if you might look up the Perrins site and just read about it and see if it could help your condition, not just the LS.  Probably you have already looked into anything else I might think of as  you have been dealing with the spots...I wish I could give some advice.  What I can do is tell you I sympathize and wish  you well and I hope you find something that eases the pain and discomfort.  
    • Posted

Hi Patricia, I did look at Perrins Creme some days ago, before I went with the Emuaid. I may well try it soon.  I envy you for living in a country who actually recongise and try to deal with LS. My doctor has dismissed me because I am unable to take Steroids. The UK, where I live, just do not understand or help with this condition. There is no research here for this, because of the few people who have it, financially it would not pay.  Perhaps I had better visit your doctors.
  • Posted

Can you let me know what your baking soda mixture is please? Do you think it helps with restoring healthy tissue and unfisuring of the labia?
    • Posted

I am only diagnosed for a little over a week so I'm not too knowledgeable.

But I think I read to put water into a 6 to 8 oz bottle and 2 pinches of baking soda. Spray it on whenever u toilet and wipe dry. I also read to bath with one half cup of baking soda.

However, could someone with more experience please confirm whether I'm on track here or not!

• Posted

Sara, it's just a tried and true first aid thing. I splash with a basin of it every night. I'd be careful about pinning to many hopes on reversal, though. The one or two women on here who think baking soda water was responsible could have complex cases. My vaginal introitus had gotten smaller over six months. I was stretching it with my fingers and caused a small tear. I used my prescription, coconut oil and baking soda splashes. A few days later when the tear was healed I noticed I had a good three fingers of room now, and a telltale pink triangle showing where the pleat had been. The back edge of my perineum had folded and adhered. This stickiness of LS skin is why we get fusing. My experience does not make me expect that the smooth sheet of skin encasing my clitoris will un-fuse into two separate inner labia. That would be magic.
    • Posted

Hi Sandra, Another cheap bathing solution you could try is diluted sea salt. I use a portable bidet that fits onto a standard loo. Fill the bidet wih a solution of 1 tablespoon of sea salt (not processed table salt as that has additives in it) disolved in 5 pints water. At a temperature comfortable enough sit and soak for 15 to 20 mins then pat dry with kitchen roll. It is soothing and healing. You can then use a moisturiser of your choice to soak in and protect the skin. I like to use Dermol an emollient lotion.
    • Posted

You could try that Sandra. I would not run a full bathtub, just enough to sit and soak the vulva area. If you can manage to obtain a portable bidet that sits on the loo you would be more comfortable. Thy are very cheap and only cost a few pounds. I bought mine of Amazon solely for this purpose and it was well worth it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.