Emyra

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I was having an op to remove 3 fybriods at 3 cms wide and whilst in the op they 'found' another one that was 5cm and blocking the cavity - why they didnt see this on the scan i had 2 week prior i dont know? Prior to that i was on Zoladex for 3 months to shrink the fybroids but this didnt really happen.  Now they have put me on Esmrya for 3 months until i get to the consultant.  

Has anyone used this and had pelvic/uterus pain/cramping? gained any weight?  I also am bleeding slightly for the past week but its brownish - I do have a drs appt next week to discuss this, i am hoping they just take the lot away to sort it all out.

Many thanks for reading

x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also feel the same. Would probably be best to have it all removed. I am currently sitting here with very bad pains. They were on the right hand side now feels like a period pain.

Hope you get yours sorted out quickly. X

• Posted

I am on my 2nd course of Esmya and I experienced awful cramping for about 4 days, they are unable to remove my fybroids due to their position so I think hysterectomy is my only option x

• Posted

UFE is also an option other than hysterectomy.
  • Posted

HI Briggsy, 

Sometimes everything doesn't show well on ultrasound. Is that the scan you had?  Sometimes a thickened womb lining can blur the view i believe (if you have one due to fibroids). I ended up having an MRI scan as well to get clarity.   I believe that esmya can cause what you describe above as well, maybe due to doing its job. Of course the Consultant can confirm, or you can read the leaflet or online.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.