Enbrel and COVID: Pain gone?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my 76 year old mum has been taking Etanercept (Enbrell) for a couple of years now. Amazing stuff aside from a one day a month flare up. She caught covid and was told to stop taking it. Nearly six weeks on covid has gone and she's recovering well and will be speaking to her doctor next week about restarting Enbrel. The strange thing is she has had no pain nor any flare ups at all these past six weeks without it and I'm wondering what the link is with the virus and why the pain has gone. will check with the doctor but checking here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

That is intriguing.

RA does go into remission. I've heard of pregnant women going into remission as well. Did she have any of those covid cocktails? Some of those are used for RA people. If you learn anything, please post. I am curious. I have RA and I manage it without drugs and I'm worried the vaccine will make me flare, but from your mother's experience, covid antibodies might not make me flare.

I hope she recovers well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.