Enbrel and methotraxe

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

Just looking for any thoughts or advice. I have been on Methotraxate for four years. iv been quiet sick this year with infections etc. been on antibiotics a few times, just been really run down. iv had a stiff neck for months and quite large lumps on my hands. i met my doctor last week and he has lowered my methotraxate to 15mg a week along with enbrel injection once a week. i took my first injection few days ago. all good with no problems. i just want to know if anybody has changed to this and finds it much better? my doctor also put me on steroids for a total of 5 weeks. i feel great since i started steroids, hoping i wont feel like iv been hit by a bus once i finish steroids. thanks:)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have taken HUMIRA, which is a biologic much like ENBREL, for 13 years. It changed my life, I went from barely being able to walk to doing pretty much what I want. I eventually stopped the Methotrexate, Arava and Prednisone and am just on Humira and take no pain pills. The Predisone can raise your eye pressure so be sure to get that checked. GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

hi. thanks for your message. im glad humira is working so well for you. i hope eventually ill be off the methotraxate too down the line. its all trial and error i suppose to get something that works 😃

• Posted

hi clare

Im also on both of these, it has changed my life but like you get infections regulary bbut currently ive had enough and come of the embrel 4 months ago and stopped methotrexate 3 weeks ago but now its really starting to kick in agin with pain. I wasnt told to stop and rheumy doesnt know but since stopping in myself i feel really quite normal as regards to dizzyness and side effects from noth injections, will be going back on methotrexate next week and then adding embrel, i just wanted to see how long i could do it for, sick of the side effects, good luck x

• Posted

hi

thanks for your reply. i understand where youre coming from. i feel like stopping sometimes. i was off all meds last year due to been in hospital with infection, it hit me like a truck. took months for me to be able to move normal. the infections worry me as i have lost weight last few months and i find it so hard to put on weight that if i get sick again i'll just keep loosing weight. hopefully infections will work good and i can lower my methotraxate. working full time and trying to manage this stupid condition is draining 😦

• Posted

oh my god how on earth do you manage to work?? even when im well managed the side effects floor me, i would say at leat 3 days a week im on the sofa all day due to fatigue, my whole body feels like a ton weight and i get so dizzy and nauseaous, i take my hat off to you really dont know how you manage but i guess we are all different. hope things inprove for u xx

• Posted

some days i dont know how i do it!! im extra stubborn lol. i know ill have to stop at some stage so ill keep going while i can im youngish (31) hopefully a few years left in me 😃 im tempted to try cbd oil. i will see how the injections go for a few months x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.