Enbrel side effects and does it work?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Happy almost new year.

I am inquiring if anyone here has taken Enbrel.

If so, how soon did you see positive benefits and if you don't see any in a month is that a bad sign?

Side effect? Did anyone get nauseous? And did their urine get more yellow ( that was awkward to ask rolleyes ))

Thanks.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I took Enbrel for 9 months along with 25 mg of MTX didn't stop flare up had to have steroids three or four months in.

Suffered with chest infections voice loss and reoccurring UIT

Then hospitalised with nephritis

I was then taken off the Enbrel Left on MTX and steroids.

Then after 6 months moved onto another Biological

Still not under control

• Posted

9 months?

My doc said no more than 3 months on any RA meds if it is not working , then change to a new drug.

Wow. I'm sorry they kept u on so long. That's crap.

• Posted

Sometimes you feel like a guinea pig

The RA clinic always tell us to give it at least 3 months

• Posted

Hi I was on it for about 5 weeks and no noticable change.  I did however catch shingles about two weeks after stopping embril.  Good luck!

• Posted

So they stppped you at 5 wks???

They r supposed to stop at 3 months.

That's a bit odd and questionable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.