Encourage

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just to encourage all of you who have just started the medicine and have all possible side effects including the feeling like you are heaving hearth failure, insomnia, awful dreams, body shakes, etc. At the moment I have started with fluoxetine 20 mg it seemed like everything is going from bad to worse. I had panic attacks few times a day, with a different sensibility, nevertheless few times a day. I honestly though that my heart is a problem and that everyone including doctors are crazy leaving me to die just like that. Two months after, I am myself again. I am quite sure I am healthy when heart is in question. As addition to fluoxetine I had some antidepressant that help me go through the first time period, and honestly don't even try it without that kind of help. I have tried and it was a hell, I have even had hallucinations. Bottom line, I am back in a great shape after 57 days on fluoxetine, Don't give up, I am sure I would have a few blips once in a while, however for me fluoxetine was the good choice. Wish you all a lot of patience and good results as soon as possible and Happy New Year!

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is so good to hear as I've been struggling with my sleep on it. I have gone to every other day to try and help which it Is but it's so nice to hear you are doing so well, it gives me hope🙂

• Posted

HI

SO good to hear you're coming back to yourself after 57 days on PROZAC.

ON PROZAC 41days. 20-40-60-40mg right now. I'm older. So it'll take longer for a med to kick in. I really don't know if it's kicked in or not yet.

I also take Remeron 15mg . I gained 10 pounds. I can sleep but it may cost my health.

Long and painful journey. Prior to PROZAC, 3 meds failed to work for me. I'm not sure if PROZAC will work again for me (25 years ago for 5-6 months) . I just hope so. Like you, i had auditory hallucination on CYMBALTA.

YES, as you say, i have insomnia, vivid nightmares, tremors on hands and body, agitation, extreme brain fatigue. etc The worst is dissociation, detachment from my body (so awful). Fortunately, I don't have a panic attack.But i suffer so much due to the severity of sxs.

I feel sick and tired just by waiting for meds to kick in. So hard to wait.

You must be a very strong person. Your comment gave me some hope.

THANKN U !!!

• Posted

m on flouxitene for about11 weeks now m fully stable all side effects u wrote i suffered from them but now my good time began....u will get bettet dont give up just give it time...heart will also get better u will not feel any chest pain after some time...dont worry...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.